Monday, April 28, 2008
I weighed in yesterday and I lost 1.5 pounds this week! I did really well. I think I could have lost more, and I say that because I did not eat too good last week. I did OK, but I usually do better. I did, however, exercise every day. I ordered the Biggest Loser workout DVDs, cardio max and power sculpt. For those of you who have not heard about the Biggest Loser on TV, it is a weight loss show/ game show. People come on there to lose weight, but they are also playing for $250,000 dollars. They have challenges they have to win and they are put into teams. Each team has a trainer. I like the show. They always have a live finally and the people always look great. So, I got the DVDs, the trainers form the show do the DVDs. I am getting a really good work out, and I like doing it.
Yesterday was also my pastors last Sunday. He has been my pastor for the past 5 years almost. He is going into missions, and is going to be going to the prisons to preach. I am happy for Him and his family because I know that is what the Lord wants them to do, but I’m going to miss them so much. Yesterday was really hard on our church because we did not want to see them go. His daughters are by best friends, and I know I will see them almost everyday, but its still going to be different. Please keep them in your prayers, they are the Brown Family. Also, keep our Church in your prayers as we find a new pastor.
That’s all for today. Thank y’all for reading, and don’t forget to comment, I love to read them! See y’all next time
Friday, April 18, 2008
Well, my week as far as my diet has been going well. I have not really got to exercise like I have wanted to. I have been eating well, and drinking my water. I am nervous about weighing in on Sunday. I hope and pray that I have not gained. My goal for this week, as far as weight loss, is not gaining. If I loose it will be a plus. So, I guess that is all for now. What about y’all? How are y’all doing this week on your diet. I pray y’all are doing well. Thanks for reading! See y’all next time!
Thursday, April 10, 2008
The first one is a Chicken recipe:
You will need:
- Pam to spray the pan
- boneless skinless chicken breasts (however many you want to cook, if its over 4 use more of the ingredients)
- 1/4 cup orange juice (I use the orange juice that has the weight watcher points on the front.)
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard ( I don't like mustard of any kind but in this recipe, you can not taste it unless you let the sauce sit for a while with out stirring it.)
- 1 orange peeled, thinly sliced ( I did not add this part but I will add it for those who want to add the oranges.)
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 to 5 minutes, turning once, until browned on both sides.
- Add orange juice and 1/2 cup of the chicken broth to chicken in skillet; sprinkle with rosemary and pepper. Cover; reduce heat to medium. Cook 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Place chicken on serving platter.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup chicken broth and mustard to skillet; increase heat to high. Heat to boiling. Boil 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture is glaze consistency. Stir in orange slices; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, just until heated.
- Spoon glaze over chicken on platter.
I had this for dinner tonight and it was very good. I at it with brown rice. It was very filling as well.
I also made a smoothie using orange juice. I had that tonight as well. I was very good.
You will need:
- A blender
- One cup frozen strawberries, if you buy them at the store already frozen make sure they are organic.
- 6 oz. container of fat free key lime pie yogurt (use 1/2 of the container per cup of strawberries.
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup of water, I start out at a 1/2 cup and add water as needed if the strawberries are not chopping up.
- about 2 tablespoons of orange juice, you can add the orange juice to your liking. Orange juice is a powerful flavor.
Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and enjoy!
I hope you like and try the recipes. I know I did. I drink the smoothie a lot. It has to be on of my favorites. Well, that is all for today. Talk to y'all later.
P.S. If you are on weight watchers the chicken is 4 points per serving, which is one 4 oz chicken breast and the smoothie is 4 points for about a cup and a half.
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Well, I thought since I'm doing a weight loss blog, I would tell yall how I'm losing the weight, and why I'm dong it. First off, I am doing it with the help of the Lord. There is no way that I could do it without Him. I am doing the weight watchers program, and counting points. I do the best on weight watchers. I have been doing it since this past November, I think! lol. I have lost about 15 pounds so far. It probably would have been more, but a few weeks ago, I got really off track, and I gained about 7 to 10lbs back. I was really down about that, but about two weeks ago, I kinda realized that I did not want to go back to my old way of doing things and my old ways of eating, and not exercising. I realized that if I did that I would not be taking care of God's temple. I also thought about if I did go back to what I was doing, that in about 5 or 10 years I would probably be very unhealthy. I might have heart problems or high blood pressure, because those things run in my family. In ten years I could be married and have a child of my own, and I would not be setting an example of how your are supposed to eat and take care of your body.
I have been overweight all of my life. I have always struggled with my weight. My weight has always been a self-esteem issue for me. I really don't like the way I look. I never have. I look at pictures of myself, and I don't like them at all. I feel like when I meet a new person the first thing they look at is how big I am. I don't want to feel like that anymore. I want to loose weight not only to like the way I look, but to be healthy. I want to glorify the Lord through the process of doing it, and grow closer to Him. I know that I already have gotten closer to Him since I started loosing weight, and that is what I want to do, grow in the Lord.
I am really excited about having this blog. I went to my friends house today, and she showed me how to do everything on my blog and showed me how do do everything. I must say that blogging has changed a lot since I had one last, and it was about 2 years ago. Thanks again Kristina for all the help!!!!
Today has really been a good day. I babysit my niece during the week, but her daddy has Wednesdays off from work, so its my free day. I have not got to exercise today, but my eating has been good. I have drank my water and ate well today.
Well, that is all for today I have to get ready for church, it starts in and hour. See yall next time!!!