Weight Goal

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Orange Juice

Hey Y'all! Hope your day was good. Mine was good. Me and daddy went out and played some softball today, so I got my exercise. It was a lot of fun. Today, I have two recipes for y'all using orange juice. Enjoy!!!

The first one is a Chicken recipe:

You will need:
  • Pam to spray the pan
  • boneless skinless chicken breasts (however many you want to cook, if its over 4 use more of the ingredients)
  • 1/4 cup orange juice (I use the orange juice that has the weight watcher points on the front.)
  • 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crumbled
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard ( I don't like mustard of any kind but in this recipe, you can not taste it unless you let the sauce sit for a while with out stirring it.)
  • 1 orange peeled, thinly sliced ( I did not add this part but I will add it for those who want to add the oranges.)
  1. In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 to 5 minutes, turning once, until browned on both sides.
  2. Add orange juice and 1/2 cup of the chicken broth to chicken in skillet; sprinkle with rosemary and pepper. Cover; reduce heat to medium. Cook 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Place chicken on serving platter.
  3. Add remaining 1/4 cup chicken broth and mustard to skillet; increase heat to high. Heat to boiling. Boil 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture is glaze consistency. Stir in orange slices; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, just until heated.
  4. Spoon glaze over chicken on platter.

I had this for dinner tonight and it was very good. I at it with brown rice. It was very filling as well.

I also made a smoothie using orange juice. I had that tonight as well. I was very good.

You will need:

  • A blender
  • One cup frozen strawberries, if you buy them at the store already frozen make sure they are organic.
  • 6 oz. container of fat free key lime pie yogurt (use 1/2 of the container per cup of strawberries.
  • 1/2 cup to 1 cup of water, I start out at a 1/2 cup and add water as needed if the strawberries are not chopping up.
  • about 2 tablespoons of orange juice, you can add the orange juice to your liking. Orange juice is a powerful flavor.

Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and enjoy!

I hope you like and try the recipes. I know I did. I drink the smoothie a lot. It has to be on of my favorites. Well, that is all for today. Talk to y'all later.

P.S. If you are on weight watchers the chicken is 4 points per serving, which is one 4 oz chicken breast and the smoothie is 4 points for about a cup and a half.

3 comments:

Marsheila said...

YUM MARCY I AM GONNA HAVE TO TRY THIS AND IT'S NOT WHITE FOOD EITHER LOL.

Marcy said...

I hope you like it. I know, i had to find some new recipes this week!lol

Sis. Julie said...

This does sound good Marcy. I will have to try this as well. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Congratulations on your weight-loss this week too. Everyone did so well!!