Weight Goal

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Hi Y'all

I want to thank y'all for your comments. I enjoyed reading them. I hope you continue to come to my site.

Well, I thought since I'm doing a weight loss blog, I would tell yall how I'm losing the weight, and why I'm dong it. First off, I am doing it with the help of the Lord. There is no way that I could do it without Him. I am doing the weight watchers program, and counting points. I do the best on weight watchers. I have been doing it since this past November, I think! lol. I have lost about 15 pounds so far. It probably would have been more, but a few weeks ago, I got really off track, and I gained about 7 to 10lbs back. I was really down about that, but about two weeks ago, I kinda realized that I did not want to go back to my old way of doing things and my old ways of eating, and not exercising. I realized that if I did that I would not be taking care of God's temple. I also thought about if I did go back to what I was doing, that in about 5 or 10 years I would probably be very unhealthy. I might have heart problems or high blood pressure, because those things run in my family. In ten years I could be married and have a child of my own, and I would not be setting an example of how your are supposed to eat and take care of your body.

I have been overweight all of my life. I have always struggled with my weight. My weight has always been a self-esteem issue for me. I really don't like the way I look. I never have. I look at pictures of myself, and I don't like them at all. I feel like when I meet a new person the first thing they look at is how big I am. I don't want to feel like that anymore. I want to loose weight not only to like the way I look, but to be healthy. I want to glorify the Lord through the process of doing it, and grow closer to Him. I know that I already have gotten closer to Him since I started loosing weight, and that is what I want to do, grow in the Lord.

I am really excited about having this blog. I went to my friends house today, and she showed me how to do everything on my blog and showed me how do do everything. I must say that blogging has changed a lot since I had one last, and it was about 2 years ago. Thanks again Kristina for all the help!!!!

Today has really been a good day. I babysit my niece during the week, but her daddy has Wednesdays off from work, so its my free day. I have not got to exercise today, but my eating has been good. I have drank my water and ate well today.

Well, that is all for today I have to get ready for church, it starts in and hour. See yall next time!!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Marcy,
I just found your blog on Tori's blog. I'm looking forward to reading your posts. It is wonderful to find Christian bloggers that have a heart for the Lord and try to live for His honor and glory.
You might be interested in checking out my mission blog:

pray-without-ceasing.blogspot.com

Or my personal site (but I do post recipes on there and don't want you become discouraged or sidetracked) which is:

faith-love-patience.blogspot.com

~Heather

Marcy said...

Thanks for the comment, its nice to meet you. I will go check out your blogs.

Sis. Julie said...

I'm so proud of you Marcy for doing this weight-loss and doing so well with it. You have lost so much weight and that should be an encouragement to you. Keep it up!!